Lead generation: traditional and digital solutions
A traditional approach to B2B lead generation includes several activities. Let us look at some of them.
- The participation in trade fairs and the exchange of business cards, in order to contact potential customers later.
- The consultation of business directories to find their telephone and e-mail addresses.
- The use of mass-market channels to generate contacts (one example is television advertising).
Today, digital tools offer alternatives: we are not referring just to online searches, but to solutions designed to manage B2B lead generation campaigns to get better results.
Here are some examples of these solutions:
- Sponsored ads on search engines, used to intercept users with certain needs.
- Automated emailing through CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
- Advertising on social media;
- Webinars to attract audiences interested in our products;
- Platforms to identify companies and decision makers within them.
This is only a short list, but one that immediately makes us realize the variety of digital tools available to companies to identify business contacts.
An important principle is the synergy between traditional and digital solutions: their combined use allows for maximum benefit, expanding the growth opportunities of the company and facilitating the work of the sales department.
Let’s go back to the example of the company specialising in valves.
Participating in the next scheduled trade fair can be important but not sufficient: the launch of an online advertising campaign, for example, can help to obtain additional leads.
This can be combined with an outbound activity on a selected group of companies, identified within minutes thanks to a platform for searching companies in 196 countries.
What are we talking about?