This role is ideal for anyone wishing to either move into a Business Development role or has some experience in new business selling. You will be responsible for generating new business sales within the mid-market tier (businesses <1M£) within an agreed territory. You will be a self-starter that actively searches for new business opportunities, enjoys creating long-term relationships with customers and maximises opportunities.
You will be confident to connect with new business prospects, understand their needs and articulate how Matchplat can support their organisation. You will manage all your opportunities throughout the customer sales cycle from initiating contact, through to closing the deal. You will also be responsible for creating a customer for life mentality and ensuring you understand your clients by offering solutions to their changeable needs. Cross-selling and upselling are essential.
- Lead generation
- Opportunity management (the BDM identifies the needs of the customer, prepares customized offer documents, monitors and closes the deal)
- Pipeline management (the creates a real and robust pipeline)
- Successfully win an adequate number of deals
- Following the end-to-end customer activation / on-boarding process
- Empathizing and understanding customers needs and communicating effectively with them. Always having a proactive and positive attitude, being able to motivate and make the relationship work.
- Reporting on his/her activities through the use of company systems (IE: HubSpot, weekly calls, etc.)
- Sales mind-set aimed at achieving
- Autonomous and self organized: the AE works remotely from home for at least the first year with monthly meeting in UK with Matchplat UK Country Manager.
In a nutshell: Hunter & New Business Developer; ambitious & curious; entrepreneurial and innovative, you invent new ways to increase your impact on the business development activities, capable of taking responsibility for his own choices; focused on your goals but able to work in a team; respectful of roles and collaborating with everyone (also demonstrable through competitive sport experiences).
Qualifications & skills:
Ability to develop and maintain C-level relationships level (CEO, CMO, Export Director, CSO, CFO/CPO etc.) where you are recognized as a trusted advisor
- Being fluent in spoken and written English is a must
- Great capacity for negotiation, analysis and results orientation
- Teamwork & communication skills
- Availability to travel to the headquarters (upon request).
Here’s what you can expect (and what we’ll expect from you):
- Onboarding and integration in Matchplat (spending at least 1 week in Italy / Bergamo HQ)
- Learn the Matchplat model, get to know our team and our history
- You study Matchplat solutions and start practicing with some leads
- Become familiar with the cross-functional teams.
- Perfect knowledge of all Matchplat solutions
- You are familiar with the customer needs that can be solved with the Matchplat platform/projects
- You are actively calling leads, listening and understanding their needs, addressing and handling any objections, you are able to present Matchplat’s value proposition
- You work with various business units to ensure that your prospects are progressing through the sales process
- Close your first deal.
First 6 months
- You are fully integrated into the team
- You begin to have full mastery in terms of examples of customers, industries, roles to use in conversations with prospects
- You have a relevant pipeline of potential customers
- You have a successful track record of achieving sales goals
- You have closed new business and consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- You contribute to mentoring new team members, helping them to learn about Matchplat, our model, and to transmit winning methodologies.
- You continue to close new deals while managing up/cross-selling activities on consolidated customers to constantly meet and exceed sales targets.